10 Strategic Points For The Prospectus, Proposal, And Direct Practice Improvement Project
Strategic Points For The Prospectus
10 Strategic Points for the Prospectus, Proposal, and Direct Practice Improvement Project
Week Two Assignment Instructions DNP 820
Please read the instructions thoroughly there are strict requirements
I need at least 10 different articles/literature reviews added to the ones in the 815 attachment. I have also included the chart to be filled out All within 5 years and pertinent to the subject.
Tutor MUST have a good command of the English language
The Rubric must be followed, and all the requirements met
This is a thorough professor, and she has strict requirements
I have attached the PICOT and the first 10 points (DNP 815) assignment. This is a continuation of that assignment. Please read the attachments
The following needs to be addressed:
Please note the followings: The introduction and the literature review are complete and thorough. The problem statement is written clearly PICOT is clear and very good Sample:
· How will you determine the sample size?
· What are the inclusion/exclusion criteria of the subjects? Methodology: Why is the selected methodology is appropriate? Please justify!
· Data collection approach needs to be clear. How will you collect your data? What is needed here is to describe the process of collecting data form signing the informed consent until completing the measuring.
· Data analysis-What test will you use to answer your research question?
“In adult patients with CVC at a Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, does interventional staff education about hub hygiene provided to RN’s who access the CVC impact CLABSI rates compared to standard care over a one-month period?”
P: Patients with Central Venous Catheters
I: Staff re-education related to Hygiene of the hub
C: Other hospitals
O: Reduce probability of CLABSIs
T: Two months
1. I used central Missouri as an example, replace with a description of your site.
2. While you might be interested in CLASBI rates as a primary variable, there are other patient outcomes that would also be important to consider
3. Ensure you can find validity and reliability measures on CLASBI rates if you cannot, we need to determine another question to help
4. How are your two comparison groups different, as they are currently stated the groups seem very much the same, could you state, standard care instead of pre and post intervention assessments?
5. One month is the longest time you can use for a prospective project
Please note the following regarding the instructors grading
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MY GRADING STYLE
As you prepare for written papers and manuscripts I’d like to give you some details about my grading style. I provide significant feedback on your papers, this is because I believe you should be working towards improving your writing so that at the end of this program you are able to successfully write your DPI project.
In order to write well, you need feedback and you need to review that feedback and make progress on the next written work. To that end I always grade accordingly. This means that if I provide feedback one an item (for example APA format of your reference page) I expect that this will be improved on the next written submission. Otherwise I will deduct additional points. In addition, some other criteria to get down pat now. References should always
1. Be current, no older than 5 years that means 5 years from your proposed graduation date (2014-2019). Otherwise you will have to redo everything in DNP 955.
2. Be primary sources. You can no longer cite Young declared literary war in 1956 (as cited by Brown 2006). You must cite Young 1956. That means go find that paper and read it and make sure that you agree with what Brown said. What if you don’t agree due to some very valid points? Then the literary war is not what occurred, but instead you have concerns regarding point ____, ____, and ____.
3. You may no longer cite textbooks, they are 1) secondary sources and 2) not current enough, and please use peer reviewed manuscripts.
One more item that is not a reference. You may not use direct quotes any longer. There is no need. This may be difficult at first, but you are moving towards a different type of writing. This is manuscript writing (scientific writing). Scientific writing is terse, clear, and concise. No frilly words. In order to avoid the use of direct quotes you will synthesize the literature. There is a great resource for synthesizing the literature under Resources – Add-ons. These are also some other great writing resources there.
In the prospectus, proposal, and scholarly project there are 10 strategic points that need to be clear, simple, correct, and aligned to ensure the research is doable, valuable, and credible. The 10 strategic points emerge from researching literature on a topic that is based on or aligned with the learner’s personal passion, future career purpose, and degree area. These 10 points provide a guiding vision for DPI Project. In this assignment, you will continue the work begun in DNP-815, working on your draft of a document addressing the 10 key strategic points that define your intended research focus and approach.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate the “The 10 Strategic Points for the Prospectus, Proposal, and Direct Practice Improvement Project” that you completed in DNP-815.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please Review the rubric prior to the beginning to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Use the “The 10 Strategic Points for the Prospectus, Proposal, and Direct Practice Improvement Project” resource to draft statements for each of the 10 points for your intended research study.
You worked on this last in DNP 815. Pick up from where you left off (if you transferred in and did not complete this, you will have to begin fresh). Please include a copy of your last instructor feedback when you submit this assignment. You can either copy and paste the instructor feedback into your current paper (as an appendix and clearly marked); or upload two separate papers. I expect significant improvement from your last submission.
Please review the 10 Strategic Points document for additional instructions and an example. Add references to this document, I suggest 5-10 at this point. You need to realize that your literature review chapter will need at least 50+ articles by the time you get to DNP 955, so work on expanding your literature search each week, to include more and more to this paper as you move through each course. If you cannot locate 50+ articles you can ask your faculty for assistance or chose a different topic.
For the methodology and design sections. Methodology should cover the broad methods you plan to use (qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods). The design portion will then go into more detail and discuss the design (i.e. correlational, cross-sectional, pre/posttest, etc.). Describe each and explain why your chosen methodology and design are appropriate to your topic and project questions. You may NOT use qualitative, GCU leadership does not support a qualitative methodology.
Intervention. You must have an intervention that you implement. Since you cannot evaluate a project that has already been implemented, please write up a description of your intervention and what your role will be in implementing this intervention. This is not a section listed on your 10 Strategic Points document as of yet, so add it after the methodology and design sections. Describe step by step what the intervention consists of, how it is evidence based, how you will implement, and your role in implementation.
Data collection should go step by step (extremely over-detailed) on how you will collect the data. Tell me about all instruments, surveys, and/or questions you will ask of participants. One MUST be a valid and reliable tool.
Data Analysis. Tell me the specific statistics you will use. Start with descriptive statistics, which ones will you use, why (cite current primary sources). Then tell me how you will compare your data (which statistic), what your p value will be before you start your data collection.